Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Open Up The Sky

This is a bit of a tribute to an entire album, rather than just a single song. I randomly purchased (read: convinced my mother to purchase) an album which piqued my interest.

This is the album that got me interested in music. It taught me that there is cooler Christian music out there other than the boring hymns at church or goofy songs at camp. There was actually stuff that I liked and wouldn't pollute my impressionable young mind like that secular stuff (which I still don't really listen to very much).

One song on this album particularly stuck out to me:

Don't ask me what the video is about, because I have absolutely no idea. It was the only YouTube video with this song. This quickly became my favorite song and led me to become a rabid (ok, semi-rabid) FFH fan. The song was upbeat, about God's love, and it had to do with raining. Since I lived in Forks at the time (one of the rainiest places ever), it must have resonated with my connection to the rain.

This song is about the deserts and trials we go through and how we pray for God's healing rain, but seem to get no answer. But that doesn't stop us from continuing to pray for God's showers of love and willingness to "fall in over our heads" for God. It's a beautiful song about faith in the midst of adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment