Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So Despicable It's Adorable!

Despicable Me is one of the most popular to come out recently. Partly because of the adorable minions. I mean look at him. He has a cow print coffee mug.

http://stellansw.blogspot.com/2010/09/despicable-me.html

The three little girls are cute, the fluffy unicorns are cute, and the entire storyline is cute.

http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/06/15/despicable-me-poster-happy-father’s-day/

http://dreamangel89.blogspot.com/2010/07/agnes-from-despicable-me.html

If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommended it.

The movie is about a villain who adopts three girls in order to retrieve a high-tech device from the clutches of another villain (it's an ingenious plan). It isn't exactly easy to get rid of them, and he ends up loving them and adopting them in his heart and not just on paper. But in the process the villain side of him and the paternal part are in constant conflict. It's a touching story of love and unicorns.

This movie shows the inner conflict we all have between being evil and being loving. In the idealistic scenario, aka in movie land, good triumphed in the end and the villain sacrificed his life's ambition to save the girls he had grown to love.

2 comments:

  1. Despicable Me. When I first saw the teasers in theaters, I thought it looked like a really dumb kid's movie. Since then, however, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.
    The bad-guy that converts to the good-guys' side is always touching, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it done well. At some point, I'll have to watch the movie to see what everyone's raving about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to see this . . .

    ReplyDelete