Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Friday!

Oh viral videos. How we love them. Or in the case of Rebecca Black's Friday, it's the video everyone seems to love to hate. As of this post, there are 34.5 million views and 90% of the ratings are dislikes. As of March 18th when ABC did a report on this song, it held the 31st spot on iTunes. So despite the overwhelmingly negative response to the song, it's getting out there fast.
I must admit I am one of the naysayers. After hearing the lyrics of "we so excited" and "tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards," I just couldn't take any more. Also, eighth graders should not be driving OR going to parties. Much to young for that.
Just in case you haven't had the pleasure/displeasure of viewing this video, here it is!

And the ABC report on the popular opinion that this is the worst song ever:

That only leaves us with the question: How DO we decide which seat to take?

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. One wonders how songs like "Friday" can become popular so fast. In my opinion this song is super annoying! But I do have to admit I liked Steven Cobert's cover haha

    ReplyDelete