Monday, March 7, 2011

Glee

In an attempt to be "culturally relevant," I finally succumbed to watching Glee. Not too much though, as I've only watched one episode. For those who watch Glee, it was the one about the Beiber experience. For those who don't, some guys in the Glee club decide to imitate Justin Beiber (ironically much younger than they are) in order to score it big with their girl friends.

It was definitely an interesting experience. The music was good, but everything in between wasn't particularly engaging for me, especially since it proposed such a strong secular world view. I'll have to watch more episodes before decided whether I actually "like" the show or not, but either way, it does say a lot about what our society values and how they think.

Interestingly enough, this episode of Glee was the first time I've ever heard Beiber presented in a positive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment